Key Highlights Of The Plan:
- The national infra pipeline of Rs 106 lakh crore addresses the country’s needs.
- To set up a project preparation facility for infrastructure projects.
- National logistics policy to be released soon.
- Logistics policy to create a single-window e-logistics market.
- Delhi-Mumbai Expressway to be completed by 2023.
- To monetize 12 lots of highway bundles by 2024.
- Indian Railways commissioned 550 Wi-Fi facilities.
- Railways have a small operating surplus.
- Solar power capacity to be set-up alongside rail tracks.
- Four station redevelopment projects to be done through PPP model.
- More Tejas-like trains to connect iconic tourist destinations.
- 100 more airports to be developed by 2024.
- To provide 20% equity, external assistance for metro projects.
- To provide Rs 22,000 crore for power, renewable energy in FY21.
- To expand the national gas grid to 27,000 km from 16,200 km.
- Aim policy to enable private sector to build data-centre parks.
- Fibre-to-home through Bharat Net to link 1 lakh gram panchayats.
- Propose to provide Rs 6,000 crore to Bharat Net.
- To initiate two national-level science schemes.
Economy and Finance
- Bank deposit insurance cover has been increased from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh per depositor.
- Government plans to amend the Companies Act to decriminalize civil offenses.
- Government to sell part of its stake in LIC via a public offering.
- ₹99,300 crore for the education sector in 2021 and about ₹3,000 crores for skill development.
- Urban local bodies to provide internship to young engineers for a year.
- IND SAT exam for students of Asia and Africa to promote “study in India” program.
- Degree-level full-fledged online education programs by institutions ranked in the top 100 in NIRF rankings, especially to benefit underprivileged students.
- A national police university and a national forensic science university is proposed to be setup.
- The budget proposes to provide ₹1.7 lakh crore for transport infrastructure in 2021
- 100 more airports will be developed by 2024 to support UDAN.
- Govt to monetize 12 lots of national highways by 2024.
- National Logistics Policy to be released soon.
- Chennai-Bengaluru Expressway to be started.
- Aim to achieve electrification of 27,000 km of lines.
- Plan to have a large solar power capacity for Indian Railways.
- A budget allocation of ₹2.83 lakh crore for the sector comprising agriculture and allied activities.
Doubling farmer's incomes by 2022.
Agri-credit availability set at ₹15 lakh crore for 2020-21.
Comprehensive measures for 100 water-stressed districts.
Provide 20 lakh farmers to set up standalone solar pumps. Help another 15 lakh farmers to solarise their power grid.
Village storage scheme proposed to be run by women SHGs.
- Indian Railways to have refrigerated coaches capability in 'Kisan trains' to carry perishables and milk.
- Krishi UDAN on international and national routes.
Health and Sanitation
- ₹12,300 crore for Swachh Bharat this year.
- Expand the Jan Aushadhi scheme to provide for all hospitals under Ayushman Bharat by 2025.
- Proposal to set up hospitals in Tier-II and Tier-III cities with the private sector using PPP.
- An allocation of ₹69,000 crores for the health sector