All that You Need to Know about EPFO's Universal Account Number (UAN)
The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) introduced some imperative changes in its working philosophy to help agents better manage their provident hold duties.
EPFO introduced another structure called Unique Account Number (UAN) which helps specialists manage their provident store accounts without any irritates.
Dependent upon the number of occupation changes, a specialist may have different PF accounts.
If a delegate needs to pull back his PF modify from his past specialists, he needs to apply autonomously at each of his past managers to get his PF to alter traded or pulled back.
Think about the Universal Account Number
- UAN alludes to the Universal Account Number presented by EPFO India.
- It is a special 12-digit number appointed to a representative by EPFO India.
- The EPFO UAN number will go about as a marker of character for a representative till his/her retirement.
- Keeping in mind the end goal to create a UAN number, a representative should be enlisted with EPFO benefits and ought to add to the Employee Provident Fund Account.
- The real rationale behind the dispatch of UAN is to interface various PF account numbers apportioned to a solitary representative by various associations under one single record.
- On the off chance that a worker is as of now enlisted with EPFO benefits and has a UAN number, then he/she needs to give the same on joining another association so that the new business can interface the new part Identification number of the association to his/her current Universal Account Number.
- UAN can be gotten to by a representative by going by the UAN part entryway site.
How would I get my Universal Account Number?
- Any worker who contributes to EPF record is qualified for getting a UAN.
- The Universal Account Number has dispensed to each EPF contributing a part to help them appreciate plenty of deal of offices.
- The UAN number will impart to you by your manager and will incorporate into your regularly scheduled pay-slip. Else, you can contact your boss to get your UAN.
- The EPFO will send your UAN to your boss.
The most effective method to enact EPFO UAN
- You can get to your UAN by going to the UAN Member Portal Website.
- In the first place, you have to actuate your UAN by tapping on the connection called" Activate your UAN" on the entryway.
- You ought to keep his/her Member ID, Mobile number and UAN prepared while attempting to sign in.
- Will get your UAN from your manager.
Documents to submit in your new organization for linking member ID
You need to submit the following documents to link the member ID of a new organization to UAN:
- Any KYC document.
- Bank account details including Bank Account Number, IFSC Code, and Branch Name.
- Last working day of the previous company.
- UAN provided by the previous organization.
In case an employee does not have a UAN, then she/has to submit the following documents:
- Bank Account Number.
- IFSC Code
- Branch Name.
- Last working day of the previous company.
- PF Account number of the previous organization.
KYC Documents Required
- Bank Account Number
- Driving License
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- ESIC Card
What are the benefits of completing the KYC process?
Employees who uploaded their documents and completed the KYC process can enjoy the following benefits:
- Easy transfer of PF funds
- Smooth withdrawal of PF amount
- Transparency in PF accounts
- Get SMS notification of monthly PF deduction.
How can I access my UAN details?
You can access your UAN details by logging on to the UAN member portal website at HTTP: //uan members.epfoservices.in. However, an employee needs to activate his UAN to access his/her UAN details on the website.
How to download UAN Card
You can download your UAN by the following steps:
- First, log in on to http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/ with the username and password.
- Go to the download menu and click the “Download UAN Card” button.
- Click on the “Download” button. You can then download your UAN which you can either save or print.
What if my Employer does not provide?
- If your employer does not provide you a UAN, the first thing you have to do is to check whether EPFO has allotted a UAN number for you or not.
- You can check it by visiting the official website of EPFO (http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/).
- On the website, you need to enter your existing PF number.
- The website will then display the status of your UAN.
- If your UAN generated, you will receive a message saying that your UAN is allotting.
- You can go directly to your employer and ask for your UAN.
- Once you provide your KYC documents details, your employer will link your member ID to UAN.
HRAPP is an HRMS solution that offers easy employee management from hiring to retiring. We help businesses and organizations simplify the recruitment process and make payroll processes easy. Our proactive remote employee monitoring software helps businesses monitor remote employees by efficiently tracking the remote workforce's productivity.
What is the procedure of allotting a UAN to new employees?
If your UAN does not generate by your previous employer, your new employer will collect the required information such as your previous employer details and PF Account number, verify it and forward the information to EPFO for UAN generation.
Once UAN generated by EPFO, it will communicate to your current employer who will then make it available for you.
How is UAN generated?
UAN is generated for each PF account holders by the Employee Provident Fund Organization and made available to employers on the Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP).
What is the URL of the EPFO member portal?
The URL of the EPFO member portal is http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in
Can I change my mobile number or e-mail ID in the UAN member portal?
Yes, you can change your mobile number and email in the UAN portal. What you have to do is to go to the profile menu and select the option called “Edit Mobile No" or “Edit Email ID" where you need to enter your new mobile number or e-mail id.
How to correct personal details?
Employees should submit their correct details which employers will verify and send to the concerned officer. After proper verification, the correct information will be updated in the UAN portal.
What is the procedure of uploading KYC document in the UAN Member Portal?
You can upload your KYC document in the portal by using Bulk KYC Text File Upload.
Facilities available on the UAN member portal
The UAN member portal enables you to enjoy the following facilities:
- Download UAN Card.
- Download Passbook.
- Get a list of your previous member IDs.
- Enter and update your KYC details.
- Online eligibility check.
- Edit personal details
Basic things you should know about Universal Account Number
Listed below are the important things an employee should know about UAN
- An employee should know his/her UAN status by contacting the employer.
- Activate UAN by entering the UAN provided by the employer, mobile number PF Account number.
- In case an employer does not provide a UAN, the employee should check whether he/she has been allotted a UAN or not by EPFO by visiting the Employee Provident Fund Organization.
Can my employer see the UANs allotted to its employees?
Yes, your employer can see the UANs allotted by EPFO to its employees.
Any employer can view the UANs allotted to employees by visiting the UAN member portal and clicking on the “UAN Menu”.
In the menu, there is an option called “Download UAN List’.
By clicking on this option, employers would be able to see the UANs allotted to its employees. Besides, they can also download the PDF version of the same.
For any queries, employers can contact the toll-free no: 1800-118-005 or email EPFO.
What are the benefits of using UAN?
The UAN has made PF transfer very easy as all PF accounts will have the same UAN.
An employee can enjoy the following benefits with a UAN:
- Hassle-free and smooth PF account balance transfer procedure, even if you change a number of jobs. The UAN will remain the same in your entire professional career.
- Employees would be able to view, transfer and withdraw EPF balance easily. Besides, they would be able to check transfer claim status, update KYC documents and download UAN card.
- UAN helps in making direct communication between EPFO and employees. Now, an employee doesn't have to be dependent on his/her employer for PF balance transfer and withdrawal.
- Employees will receive SMS notification as and when their PF deposited.
- Each month when an employer deposits provident fund on your behalf, you will receive an SMS notification. This will keep you updated about your PF deduction.
- If you have a UAN, you can apply for online PF transfer.
- EPF transfer and withdrawal can be done in very less time, provided you have a UAN.
Given the number of benefits associated with a UAN, it’s important you take it seriously, make sure your UAN activate by your employer and all KYC documents updated in the EPFO portal.
Visit The UAN Members e-Sewa Portal to know the Status
You can register at the UAN members e-Sewa portal as follows:
- Go to the website, https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and click on ‘Know your UAN status’.
- Update the PF number details in the columns on the page. After this information update, click on ‘Check Status’.
- You will receive a notification on whether your UAN number has been allocated or not. If it has generated, you will require to provide additional details, such as the member name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number. The name and date of birth should tally with the information in the EPFO records. You will also need to give a password for the registration process. Update the CAPTCHA and click on ‘Get Pin’.
- The PIN will send to your mobile number. Update this PIN in the column on the screen, click on ‘I Agree’, and submit the form.
- The next page will display your Universal Account Number. You will also receive an SMS with your Universal Account Number as soon as it generates.
- Log in to the website http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/ using the credentials chosen by you.
Benefits Of Registration At the UAN Member e-Sewa Portal
The UAN member e-Sewa portal provides you the following:
- The updated EPF passbook can be easily downloaded here. This passbook indicates your PF balance that can be utilized for availing a loan.
- You will be able to link all your previous PF accounts through this portal.
- You can upload KYC data on this website.
- It is possible to alter your email address or mobile number.
- You can apply for transferring your EPF.
- It is possible to check the PF account balance using the missed call facility.
How to add UAN number to Employee Record in HRAPP